24.1.12

There is no countdown.

Lunar New Year's comes with no countdowns. There are no numbers really, no counting of time. A New Year's unlike the one that many Americans are familiar with. There is no silent boring ball drops, only loud pop crackers. There are no resolutions, or thinking of ways to "change" this year. It feels rather of a celebration of sorts. It's the Asian version of Christmas, Thanksgiving and Birthdays all mixed together. That is what Tết is. Everyone ages one year older when it comes around. 


---

I'm already thinking of ways to decorate my apartment now that I'm a working lady. I'm going to really push for comfort, cozy and vintage into every nook and cranny of my room and probably my living room. This is the first time really where I have a place (and the income sorta) to really decorate and see fit that my place, feels like my place. Keeping my inspirations in front of my face - that's important to me.  Bringing it out in an organized fashionable colorful tasteful and meaningful manner.

---

got nothing to lose.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails