17.8.10

One headphone down, one more left to go.

 As a person with strange shaped ears my dreams of sharing headphones with a potential lover are far reached. There is something strangely romantic about sharing music with another person, even if it never amounts to anything. Strangely romantic. Strangely friendly. Sometimes I can fall for someone just by seeing what they listen to. Just by the sounds they introduce me to.  It doesn't help that you like music too. Moments encapsulated through lyrics, memories surface through melodies.

However since my ears cannot hold onto earphones I remain in bittersweet lonesomeness. I brought two pairs of my favorite headphones with me, simple and light. Although augmenting my awkwardness, my trusty Sony (MDR W08) headphones have amazing sound volume keeping me company for many years now. I once found someone who totally agreed with me that these were amazing headphones too! I forgot who this person was, but when I found him I was happy.

I live by them. I first found them when I was wandering somewhere in a basement store in Berkeley. I bought them for about 10 dollars. Last month an old pair broke. I knew one was bound to break and out of precaution I had a back up. The left side is blown out and I am left with just one pair.

And to think of the time that passed by as those headphones filled my mind with the ability to forget. And as time passed the wires grew strained and somewhere too many snapped. But while those wires were strained maybe I felt nervous, anxious, or sad. Nestled between notes, its scary to think that I only have this one left. That if this one pair breaks I must go search for another one. Another that will make me just as happy as the previous.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails