2.4.11

Despite being 4'11" I love rocking out really hard at shows.

Or maybe you can call it dancing really hard. Although I couldn't handle the My Chemical Romance crowd my freshman year...I was toppled over by 15 people and elbowed and eventually shoved out of the crowd because I couldn't breath (lol good times). I also couldn't handle the annoying female fanatics roadies (fuck. you.) of the now mainstream Kings of Leon.

During highschool I really really really wanted to be a punk, but I was unfortunately the opposite of bad ass, so my attempts of wearing really tight jeans (before they were popular) with lots of black and white were undermined by my perfect attendance and straight A's.

I miss this part of my identity: the combination of  teen angst, early college days wannabe badassness. Now I'm into hipster folksie, mellow songs that make me feel like I'm running through green fields. Meh. Every now and then you need some screamers, these are some of my all time favorite "rock hard until your neck hurts the next day" songs:






and to end on a lighter, less ear aching note, here is one of my favorite songs of all time:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails