18.4.11

Hong Kong, honey.

via my friend Ed.


This video really makes me miss Hong Kong (Also the British accent is quiet dreamy - "I'm a bee keepa"). It captures the city pretty well in under 4 minutes. I had spent a rather life changing 6 months there. My time in Hong Kong was absolutely wonderful, the city itself is enough to keep you company. I remember being lonely a few times, but found refuge with the tall buildings, sky scrapers, to the small rickety food stalls. They were lonely. And maybe it was something about that loneliness too that made me feel for the city. Contrary to the video, Hong Kong gets really quiet around 1 am. With no one around, the sounds echo and bounce at night against the hard concrete. Softening it. If you're quiet enough you may notice that the cement pulsates. It was as if they were speaking to me.

I sometimes wonder what Hong Kong was like before it's rapid economic development.

All this talk about honey reminds me of the Bohol, Philippines:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails