13.10.11

I cover myself like a turtle.

Los Angeles, CA Photo Credit: Sally Kikuchi
Perhaps a bit too frequently. That picture above is ridiculous. Why am I walking around like that? Why am I covering myself for no reason? And why am I hiding my purse underneath my jacket as if some motorbike is going to drive down the stairs and snatch it?

It's a horrible habit I picked up in Vietnam because #1 I didn't want people staring at me #2 The sun fucking burns and #3 I wanted to be unseen like a local.

Unfortunately, #3 wasn't accomplished so well in Vietnam:

"Where is that girl from? She seems strange."
Damn it. (to myself)
"Oh she's American"
"I knew it!"

Well I suppose wearing a baseball cap, sunglasses, tight purple pants, converses, flowy purple jackets from the forever 21 factory in Vietnam and a mask ain't local enough.

Now that I am back in America, the same conversation is being said:

"Where is that girl from? She seems strange."

Damn it. (to myself)
"Oh she just came from Vietnam"
"I knew it!"

I am so far from any kind of local now, I am in my own category. Strange. 

---

On another note I have been jogging lately. It's nice. So far I've seen lots of dog poop (people pick up your dog's shit! jesus), randomly thought of suburban stories to tell, reached 2 miles without stopping, said hi to a nice person, said thank you to nice people, saw a 4 car accident, asian people! and noticed that people keep they're lawns very nice.

I am still off face book until I find a job. That is my goal. 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails