25.4.10

man

I must admit, shitty durian is just as bad as finding out your pet fish died.


On another tangent, today was an interesting day, so interesting that I must document it for the sake of myself, and possibly the 2 to 3 avid readers of my blog (thank you).

After enjoying the gift set #2 at Lotteria (comes with 3 different types of hamburgers, coleslaw, a close to a liter of pepsi, and a 6 pieces of fried chicken - holy moly) with 3 other friends, I somehow manage to get to  a place where my friend An and I wanted to paint our nails with pretty flowers, just like every Vietnamese women has.

Unfortunately the place only knows how to paint solid colors, so we decided to walk to Quan An Ngon for some che because its possible.

Searchin' along for Pasteur along the street, I pass by stores I've always wanted to drop by but only sneezed by in a taxi. I dropped by Veddy's which had many American items including Doritos, Mr. Ben's Minute rice, Post's Golden Grahams, A & W root beer, and Trident cinnamon flavored gum. As my pocket was too small, I only let my eyes enjoy them. After that I saw the stationary store Pi. Delighted having always wanted to go to the seemingly minimalist stationary store, I asked An if we could drop by. Being the great easy going friend she is, she said yes! despite being really sleepy after our gift set #2.

I soon became a tad sleepy, staring at white walls and the 5 stationary notebooks lined against the wall. I played with the cool pens for a bit. An starts talking to the girl that works there, and asks what is up stairs?

A studio.

A what?

A studio, you can go up there if you want.

Okay.

For some apparent reason we end up staying there for a good hour and hour and a half, as we learned it was an OPEN studio where we can interact with the visiting artists, do art with them, be part of their art projects and the likes. I play with pastel for the first time, being dumb and not really knowing how to work with the medium. Both artists are currently pursuing their masters in art and live in Hong Kong. Pretty bomb. Information about the project is here. And here is Pi the store.

A little blah blah's mission is to be a dynamic, stimulating and professionally-run platform for artistic and intellectual dialogue, reflection, and an appreciation of the role of visual art and creative practices in contemporary life. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails