14.11.10

The wind rises on its own accordance.

And the water sits to its own content. With a subtle urgency, waves of green seep over the mekong so quietly that when the kites fly over hopelessness ceases to exist.

I've been away from home for 16 months now. These past few weeks have been a milestone of events from conducting my first training, teaching english at the shelter, and finally, conducting scholarship home visits on my own (with someone helping me write) to talk about the risks and dangers of human trafficking with parents. When I have to become dependent on someone I become really hesitant with decisions and doing things on my own. I have learned that I need to stand my own ground and face my own fears. It is the only way I can overcome them.

I knew I had to stay longer. To overcome my fears and insecurities all of which I harbor at an unhealthy rate. I'm learning not to hide things, to be emotional because it's human, to share with others and to be more present. I haven't completely accomplished this, but I've made a commitment to work on it. I also have great friends (Patricia & My-Kim) who just arrived and are accompanying me on this journey, bringing a HUGE sense of movement and color to my experience and projects.


Related Posts with Thumbnails