26.3.12

I've got a feeling that we're not in Vietnam anymore.




I suppose I can prolong the end of this blog by accumulating more half written blog entries and publishing haphazard postings about my life in Los Angeles. I suppose I wanted to go out with a bang. A celebration of sorts to end my volunteer abroad experience. However, as a great procrastinator and hoarder of memories, ends are hard to come by.

My draft box consists of entries that attempt to "tie" everything together - so that you, the reader, can stop reading this part of my life with a sense of "this part of Kim's life is complete"or "Kim has found herself!" or "Kim is so cool" (life goal) but you know what, after months of complete denial - I am lost as fuck.

Perhaps, I never really found myself in Vietnam. It was more of, I became extremely comfortable in Vietnam. I had my community, air conditioning, got my work down, and had made really strong friendships that will be with me always, like a bear whose found a good cave, I was in dream like hibernation.

With the sudden realization that I am now way way over the mekong both literally and figuratively - it is time for me to wake up, to explore, and learn more about Los Angeles and southern California. It's a unique city, deep down in the midst of my whining and complaints, I know I have a very huge opportunity in front of me.

Although the sun beats, there is something new to discover each day. 


I will be writing at a new blog called heartbeat yellows which can be found here.

Heartbeat yellows not only because all I do in L.A. is run yellow lights (so badass) - but I feel like I am at the point in my life where I want to take embarrassing risks, be really true to myself, and run those yellows and not look back.












1 comment:

ntb said...

kim, you are so cool. see ya at the new blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails