11.3.10

so

when I was younger I would go through "phases of obsession" with bands. My obsessions would result in me listening to the album over and over and over again. Clipping photos onto my walls, binder, etc. And daydreaming the day I would see them live. Proclaiming my love for the band by sketching and etching their name into anything I could find. Dedicating screen names after them. Sitting in my room next to my boombox with my finger on record so that I could capture the song on the radio because I was too poor to buy the album. AH YES. Although my tendency to listen to an album over and over again retains itself,  these days I haven't had an obsession like that in a long time and probably won't again. Usually there are just those bands where I just cannot stop listening. Each song on their album leaves me wanting me more. Some just make me dance. Some just hit me. Most I forget after a few months of listening to their songs. This band may be one of them. But it ain't a bad thing. I'll update this post a tad later about them. just enjoy these videos from TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB pretty damn artsy hipster but who gives a fuck. let's dance.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails