25.11.13

You know the world is still the same.

It's just you that's different, it's just you that's changed.

---

I think it's time to get nervous again (in a good way), will you let it happen?

---

Don't let the Ugly get to you.

---

Maybe it's time to let the scenery fly by again, put it back into perspective, and live again.

---

I am most creative when I sit at a desk. I am very good at sitting in one place for hours on hours at a time. It was something I practiced when young. The inability to go outside and play with the neighbors, the refugee fear, my desk was my refuge.

It was a small desk, but it was enough. It was no more than 4 feet wide, but it had shelves, and boy did it have shelves. Perhaps this is where I get my habit of having to see things in order to remember that they exist. My stacked shelves helped me see this. I remember the moment when I first stayed up to midnight to finish a school project. It was when I was able to listen all the way through to the end of a radio show that I liked. "It ends? OMG" My desk comprised of everything I owned. From my little boom box, to my stuff animals, to my aladdin wooden portrait that continues to collect dust in my room.

Those days are over now, but my little desk, the things I learned while sitting there for hours on end, remain with me.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails