15.5.10

At

ease with just a few things. There are certain things that calm me down when I'm just thinking too much or exhausted. It definitely doesn't include coffee or tea which leaves me either off the wall, jittery or with stained yellow teeth. The latter difficult to avoid.

Failblog.org

I'm not sure why, but I check this website either every other day or every night after going through a mental exhaustion at work. It's stupid. It's people doing stupid things. It's showing how stupid people are. But damn I love that website like you love toothpaste on a toothbrush.

Calendaring

God I love to calendar. Calendar birthdays. Calendar work days. Calendar shows. Calendar where people are at. Only monthly calendar's. Non of this daily bullshit. I just need to see the bigger picture.
By the way, "seeing the bigger picture" does not make sense when you say it in Vietnamese to a Vietnamese staff member. Darn it.

"Cô phải thấy hình ảnh lớn hơn" Makes no sense I tell you. No sense at all. Thank god for the ability to write dates in boxes. Makes me feel satisfied.

Organizing post-its

I have alot of post-its. I write on the back. I write on the front. I scribble things in a hasty fashion, so I have to take the time to organize it at a later time, which leaves me in a frenzy of  post-it purging sessions where I compile some notes onto one post-it, write things neater, and throw away a pile of seemingly unnecessary ones that probably made sense at the time.

"Call fjsaklfj32908dfs0vi." "Do that paper thing." "Music Tea Party." "The Crush Club."

I also have a tendency to jot down my genius ideas that come across while I stare at the computer screen. This occurs most often when I have something important to do. Feeling rather overwhelmed my mind begins to come up with cool ideas that never seem to surface, but they do make it onto a post-it.

Taking things out of my bag/luggage and putting it back in an orderly fashion
Just like in the movie Amelie. Having lived out of my luggage for a large portion of my time in Vietnam. (It's because my closet doesn't have drawers, so sometimes I get lazy and throw it into my open luggage in the closet.) No, but really I do quiet a bit of traveling so duffle you are my friend. At the end of the day or rather the next morning or afternoon - nothing like reorganizing my stuff in my purse that makes me happy.

Good jewelry

I have this thing where once I think jewelry gives me bad luck I never wear it again, or am hesitant too. It started with this ring my grandma bought me on an Indian reservation which I thought was possessed because we hit a cow during that trip or maybe it was a deer. My memory doesn't serve me right. Regardless, I do think certain things give me bad luck and good luck. All of this is determined from what occurs when I wear the jewelry. It also causes me to interestingly be at ease when I do determine it is "Good luck."


Talking to my friends

Cue cheezy elevator music. You know who you are. I talk to you a lot. And there are only a handful of you. And man, I love and miss you all. You do really keep me sane (or a tad nuts). Thanks for that. =)

Cleaning my restroom

The smell of bleach. Disinfectant. Whiteness of the sink. Using my own two hands to clean the damn restroom. Once I get started I don't stop.

Stir frying food

After taking the time to cut everything up, the preparation: which I hate to do and is the factor that often deters me from cooking.  Stir frying is the best. Cut up the garlic. Throw on the oil. Hear it cackle. Throw on the ingredients. SHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Speaking of which. I'm hungry and I'm going to stir fry some bitter mellon.


Sorry for this horrible post. It's oozing with horrible-ness, but I'm trying to gather myself after 4 hours of sleep. The sun is out. My eyes hurt. My lungs feel charred. And my feet are sore due to Dengue Fever take 2.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails