4.7.13

Battling the inside, but hey outside is nice.

If you look out my little window, you will see a city flanked by the sweat of the brave. Brave because the sweltering sun is not forgiving. The buildings' hungry vines reach across red crusted bricks to escape the shade. All the buildings are made of history, color, and age.

I am in a city that I did not expect to find myself. I did expect myself to be on the east coast which I accomplished. Check. Returning to humidity makes me miss Vietnam.

---

Free write:

I want to help young girls around the world reach their full potential. Hundreds, thousands at a time. If they had the chance to learn, if they had the chance to speak English, if they had a support system, then perhaps they too could be like me. Instead, our pathways led down different avenues. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do with the MPH and am a bit overwhelmed with the crazy options and experiences of all the people in my program. If I listen to my heart, what it will tell me is to go with my vague gut instinct. After all, that's really all I have, this vague, unclear gut instinct of mine that took me to Berkeley, that took me to Vietnam, that took me to LA.

---

Lately, I've been trying to channel my inner frontwoman (of a band). It helps, since I secretly have wanted to be a rockstar all my life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails