7.7.13

Sometimes I am conflicted with what I see in the world.

I am conflicted because I am pretty sure life is not to be lived in certain ways. The possibilities are endless, the magic and change that can happen are there, yet so many individuals in the world choose not to tap into the magic of life. Instead they sit idly and let life take the best of them. These last few days I have been meeting many individuals who you can feel, want to make magic happen. We've got miles and miles of flights between us, oceans, continents, life changing experiences, and a kindness that I am surprised/not so surprised to interact with.

I can post this on facebook but I really don't feel like it. I don't like putting every aspect on my life on facebook because these aspects I hold dear to me. They are not to be reduced to a facebook status and validations through likes. They are meant to be shared through words, thoughts, and the magic of writing. I am to share it through my being, through the individuals I surround myself with. I am not to reduce it to some social media platform. Yet, I am conflicted, as facebook is used as a vehicle for people to share with one another. I often ask myself what is it that I want to share, and more importantly who do I want to share it with?

Do I want to share it with my family and best friends in my life, or to the formula of friends that facebook assigns my statuses too. This is difficult because the two things are not always separate. Sometimes my best friends are up to date with my facebook, but some are not, some do not see what I update. So how do I include those other individuals in my life in these amazing experiences I am going through.

Of course, I am just procrastinating. But this is what I keep a blog. Another outlet for my thoughts. Another outlet for my experiences that allows a richer platform to share. I really want to learn to write for newspapers and other means as I am pretty poor with it and find it rather boring. Perhaps I am just scared of it, like many things.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails