4.7.13

When you talk what makes you ramble?

When I begin to ramble excitedly about something (as I have done for the last few days meeting new people left and right) I am realizing that rambling on excitedly is exactly what passion is. I spoke to a nurse who went to Africa and was asked to be a midwife (which she is not trained in), delivering hundreds of babies to the world. When she spoke she was passionate, excited, and you can tell that her lived experience really affected her. I don't like talking about myself, but I've made an effort to share my background and experience with others. It's the only thing we have. When we share what makes us excited, when we share what makes us happy, when we share those crazy things that happened to you that's when people experience it through your words. Who gives a crap if they don't like your story?

You fucking like your story so just say it! Ramble ON.

People who are uninhibited when they talk are my favorite people. Yes, they can be annoying but damn you're expressing everything you want to and I love that. I'm starting to realize that I don't give a fuck and I'm just going to say what's on my mind when I feel like it. Yeah, I'll make a mistake or two, offend people, or whatever it is but hey, at least I said it. At least I put it out for the skies to hear me. This won't happen overnight. Unfortunately I am an overly conscience person when I speak. I strategically say things, I only express when I feel comfortable, and I am insecure about who I am and my experiences. Go figure. Preach to the choir. Uncomfortable situations, as uncomfortable as they are, it feels pretty damn good when you get over it and it all works out. It feels pretty damn good when you continue to walk, when you realize the sun will rise tomorrow, and that air still flows through your airways. You can sigh, you can cry, you can dance really weird in your room to that song that you absolutely love. And that's it. That's life.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails