25.9.13

"Dentel, I'm a turtle"

"My home is on my back. And yet I feel the most real home I'll ever have is the space where our roads merged and traveled along together...for a time. Probably I'm wrong to leave."

Oh god that was so adorable!!! My good friend Aline lent me this graphic book to read and it's about a very adorable turtle name "Chunky Rice" who leaves home (not for any reason in particular, but the book hints that he is meant for more than just the small town). But he is in love with a mouse (who can't leave because she is "lowly") name Dentel. Dentel tells him to leave and that's what he tells her while she's sleeping.

He eventually leaves, packs everything up, sails the sea and meets interesting people along the way. I'm not doing the book justice, but I just really like it. In the end, it says "there is no goodbye, chunky rice" as a message bottle she sends into the sea hits his ship.

Which makes me think about my friendship vibe theory, in which when I think about my friends they come back into my life in one way or another because they "hear" me thinking about them.

---

I am on my period. I feel like Chunky Rice.







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails