29.9.13

Ideas on a Sunday.

Perhaps I should start crafting quotes on pretty paper for my favorites and loves as the scissor, exacto knife and needle are my best friends. After all "Kim" means gold and needle at the same time. Time no time, I can do it.

Some of my favorite literary sentences of all time:


When I was suddenly catapulted into the leadership of the bus protest in Montgomery, Alabama, a few years ago, I felt we would be supported by the white church. I felt that the white ministers, priests and rabbis of the South would be among our strongest allies. Instead, some have been outright opponents, refusing to understand the freedom movement and misrepresenting its leaders; all too many others have been more cautious than courageous and have remained silent behind the anesthetizing security of stained glass windows.

In spite of my shattered dreams, I came to Birmingham with the hope that the white religious leadership of this community would see the justice of our cause and, with deep moral concern, would serve as the channel through which our just grievances could reach the power structure. I had hoped that each of you would understand. But again I have been disappointed.

-MLK, Letter from a Birmingham Jail

"Your silence will not protect you"

-Audre Lorde

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails